Qualitatively determine underlying social risk factors in COPD patients that influence hospital readmissions
This study is for COPD patients 40 years and older who have been hospitalized and discharged within 90 days. These patients will be interviewed and take a one-time survey which takes 30-45 minutes.
(CSR 210225522019) To qualitatively describe underlying COPD patient and social factors contributing to hospital readmissions
1) Age ≥40 years
2) GOLD stage ≥2, FEV1 <80% predicted
3) Hospitalized for an acute exacerbation for COPD
4) Discharged from the hospital setting within 90 days of the AECOPD
Caregivers: We will ask COPD patients to identify caregivers who might also be willing to participate in the caregiver interviews. A caregiver will be defined as a family member, friend, or acquaintance who provides care for a COPD patient during and after hospital discharge. Caregivers will be informed about the study by the research team by telephone or email and will receive written study information. Caregiver information will be obtained from the COPD patient or EHR.
Healthcare Provider Criteria:
1) Having a patient-healthcare provider relationship with COPD patients
2) Supporting COPD patients in self-management
3) At least 1 year of experience in COPD care
Let us know how the study team can reach you.
If you do not hear back within 2 business days, reach out to the study team directly at the contact information above or email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will assist you.