Social and Behavioral Sciences Institutional Review Board
Mailing address: Office of Research Compliance, Social and Behavioral Sciences IRB, Clinical and Translational Research Center, 875 Ellicott St., Room 5018, Buffalo, NY 14203
Phone: (716) 645-6474 firstname.lastname@example.org
IRB Administrator: Dr. Chris Marks, 5018 CTRC
Telephone: (716) 645-6474 or email@example.com
College of Arts and Sciences IRB Contact: Brant Kresovich
Telephone: (716) 645-0750 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair: James R Sawusch (Psychology)
Telephone: (716) 645-0238 or email@example.com
Vice-chair: Dr. Mary Ann Meeker (School of Nursing)
Telephone: (716) 829-3242 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-chair: Dr. Janice L. DeLucia-Waack (Counseling, School, and Educational Psychology)
Telephone: (716) 645-1107 or email@example.com
Table of Contents
Directions and Forms
As of Tuesday 2 October 2012 the SBSIRB will be using IRBNet for all submittals. Due to this transition, directions for e-mail submittal have been disabled and the SBSIRB will no longer be accepting new e-mail submittals. Any new submittals will have to occur via IRBNet. IRBNet access will replace this information at the time of activation.
- IRBNet Information for Researchers
- IRBNet: Electronic IRB Protocol Submission System Goes Live October 2, 2012
- Educational Requirements
Substantive Material Preparation
- Current guidance for submittals, templates, forms and addenda are provided within the SBSIRB's IRBNet Forms and Templates Library.
- Old Format IRBNet Documents that have been replaced by the new SBSIRB Protocol Study Plan Addendum pdf
- The SBSIRB Read-Me-First file in the Library contains instructions and guidance on both what to submit and how to submit within IRBNet.
- Additional assistance with IRBNet processes can be accessed in both pdf and video formats via the IRBNet "Online" Training for Researchers located at http://www.research.buffalo.edu/rsp/irbnet/
- You may also want to consult the Pre-IRBNet Protocol Guidance page and the other items listed under Policy and Procedure Guidance from the SBSIRB for ideas and a discussion of potential issues.
Board Member Materials
Links to other UB IRB related sites
- COI Risk Manager (formerly Annual Financial Disclosure Form)
- HIPAA website for UB Researchers
- OVPR Human Research Volunteers Page
Policy and Procedure Guidance from the SBSIRB
- HRPP-Topics -SBSIRB Edition
- When is IRB review of a project needed?
- SBSIRB Policy on Academic Exercises Designed for Teaching Students Research Techniques
- UB Policy on Oral History Projects -
- Protection of Human Research Subjects Policy and Procedures Manual
- Waiving Consent, Assent and Parental Permission to Participate in Research Involving Human Participants, a Behavioral Science Perspective.
- Pre-IRBNet Protocol Guidance