RESEARCH & CREATIVE ACTIVITY AT UNIVERSITY AT BUFFALO
A Web Guide for New Faculty*
Who should I contact about research and creative activity at UB?
Primary sources for faculty interested in pursuing their research interests are the College/School Associate Deans for Research, department chairs and senior faculty as well as colleagues, mentors and professional connections outside UB. The following internal and external resources can help you in furthering your research activities.
- Office of the Vice President for Research
- Sponsored Programs Administration (grant and contract preparation, pre-award information and assistance)
- Grants & Contract administration (post-award services)
- UB Business Services (human resources, financial services, purchasing, benefits, training and university policy information)
- Human Volunteers (IRBs)
- Animal Subjects (IACUC)
- Laboratory Animal Facilities
- Office of Science, Technology and Economic Outreach (STOR) (commercialization, patents, etc.)
What constitutes research and creative activity at UB?
What resources are available to help me get started?
- How do I apply for internal research grants?
- Finding potential funding sources – search tools and/or request for SPA search assistance
- How do I stay in touch with funding opportunities?
- How do I find collaborators?
- Funding for Undergraduate Research
How do I write and submit a Proposal?
University Research Policies
- SUNY Patents & Inventions Policy – Intellectual Property Division
- SUNY Publications Policy
- RF Guidelines on Conflict of Interest
- Cost Sharing Policy
- Recovery of Sponsored Program Costs
- Charging Graduate Student Tuition and Computer Costs on Grants
- Extra Service Compensation
- Responsible Conduct in Intellectual & Creative Activity
- Investigator Disclosure
- Use of Animal Subjects
- Use of Human Volunteers
- Controlled Substances
- Guidelines on Health & Safety
- Use of University Facilities by Outside Companies
- Complete List of UB Research Policies
UB Research Publications & Materials
Who can I contact at any time if I need help?
- The Office of the Vice President for Research (645-3321) and we will help or point you in the right direction.
* These links will take you to various web sites. Use "open new window" to access or use the back arrow to return to this index.