Promote Your Business
A partnership with UB can help your company reach a broad-based audience or a very specific constituent group through event sponsorships, philanthropic partnerships or comprehensive packages designed to enhance recruitment and marketing.
Doing Business with UB
Expand your market. The University at Buffalo uses dozens of suppliers to meet its daily operational needs. If you offer paper products or printing, landscape services or photography, art supplies or office furniture, find out what the university needs, what the requirements are for a qualified vendor, and how your company can submit a bid.
- Explore the process of how to do business with UB and New York State. Contact Helen Gaiter, director, Supplier Diversity at email@example.com or 716-645-4501.
- The New York State Contract Reporter is New York’s official publication of state procurement opportunities from state agencies, public authorities and public benefit corporations. In addition to UB, this includes supplier opportunities with all SUNY campuses, including Buffalo State, ECC and NCCC in Western New York, as well as New York State departments.
Become a Certified Minority or Woman-Owned Business
The University at Buffalo is one of a growing number of state institutions recognizing a need for increased diversity among its suppliers of goods and services. The university is encouraging minority- and women- owned business enterprises to apply for state certification, becoming eligible for opportunities at UB and across the state. UB’s Office of Supplier Diversity offers guidelines, workshops and vendor fairs in an effort to match certified suppliers with university needs.
- A minority or woman owned business – what are the opportunities? Contact Helen Gaiter, director, Supplier Diversity at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-645-4501.
- Obtain information about the state certification process.
Market Your Business to UB Employees and Alumni
With more than 10,000 employees and more than 213,000 alumni, the university reaches a lot of people. That number doesn’t include the thousands who come annually to campus to attend an athletic event, artistic performance, lecture or special event. Marketing and sponsorship opportunities are available ranging from the university’s alumni magazine, UB Today, to the Scholarship Gala to the Distinguished Speakers Series.
- For university sponsorship opportunities, contact Nick Lane at email@example.com or 716-881-8051.
- For athletic sponsorship opportunities, contact Jeremy Applegate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-645-6832.
- For Distinguished Speakers Series sponsorships, contact Bill Regan at email@example.com or 716-645-6148.
- For alumni sponsorship opportunities, contact Andy Wilcox at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-645-3312.